Use the links below to visit The Household Goods Program website, part of the U.S Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. You will find valuable information about your rights and responsibilities when using a professional moving service. Learn about everything from moving estimates, bill of lading and payment scenarios. Your moving company will also have information about your rights and responsibilities with information about handling questions and complaints.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introduction by FMCSA Administrator
- What Is Included in This Booklet?
- Subpart A – General Requirements
- Subpart B – Before Requesting Services from Any Mover
- Subpart C – Service Options Provided
- Subpart D – Estimating Charges
- Subpart E – Pickup of My Shipment of Household Goods
- Subpart F – Transportation of My Shipment
- Subpart G – Delivery of My Shipment
- Subpart H – Collection of Charges
- Subpart I – Resolving Disputes with My Mover
For additional information, visit the The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) to view regulations that protect consumers of interstate moving and the rights and responsibilities of both consumers and moving companies.